iPrimus has been proudly connecting Australians for 25 years, delivering a full range of high-speed internet, mobile and TV services.
From industry renegade…
Primus Telecom was among Australia’s first competitive carriers, being granted the sixth telecommunications carrier licence when the market was opened to competition on 1 July 1997.
On the way to industry leader…
iPrimus is trusted by over 100,000 customers Australia-wide for fast, reliable, award-winning internet.
We’re on a mission to give Australians a better option when it comes to internet providers.
- 1997 - When the Australian telecommunications market was deregulated in 1997, we were one of the first telcos to receive a telecommunications carrier license – a license to disrupt the industry as a whole.
- 1999 - Primus Telecom launched the iPrimus brand to serve the residential market, while retaining the Primus Telecom brand for the business communications market.
- iPrimus established its credentials as an industry trailblazer in the years that followed, establishing the first competitive fixed-line infrastructure network to Telstra. iPrimus deployed one of the largest DSLAM footprints in Australia, enabling it to deliver voice, dial-up, and ADSL services on its own network.
- We pioneered new services such as bundled voice and dial-up in the early days of the internet, as well as being the first competitive carrier to launch bundled voice and ADSL.
- 2012 - iPrimus was amongst the first to connect a customer to the nbn®.
- Primus Telecom was purchased by M2 Group in 2012, with M2 Group becoming part of Vocus Group via a merger in 2016.
- 2021 - Primus Telecommunications (Australia) Pty Ltd (trading as iPrimus) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Vocus Group. Vocus is owned by a consortium of Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets, and Aware Super – two highly regarded Australian infrastructure investors. Find out more about Vocus here.
- 2022 - Awarded Finder’s Best Rated Broadband Provider based on our customer service, reliability, speed and value for money.