Primus MultiVoice is the inexpensive and reliable standard business telephone line solution for small to medium businesses (SMBs). MultiVoice offers an integrated telephony and Internet access solution delivered via the national PrimusNET broadband network. This allows Primus to deliver outstanding value while maintaining call quality equal to or better than a standard business analogue phone line.
Primus MultiVoice is available in two types:
- MultiVoice – delivering between 4 and 16 analogue phone services plus a SHDSL business broadband connection up to 1.5Mbps (upstream and downstream)
- MultiVoice Compact – delivering from 1 to 4 analogue phone services plus an ADSL business broadband connection up to 24Mbps downstream and 1Mbps upstream.
The convergence of voice and data into a single business grade service enables Primus to pass on the savings to you as lower line rental, call and broadband fees.
Primus MultiVoice services are delivered via the renowned PrimusNET national broadband network and backed by our extensive experience in voice and Internet engineering and support. The PrimusNET network provides broad coverage in the capital cities and selected regional areas.
Features & Benefits
- Minimum 1 analogue phone line with a maximum of 16
- Local Number Portability available to keep your existing phone numbers (conditions apply)
- Voice Features:
- Call waiting
- Call Forward
- 3 – Way Conferencing
- Calling Line Identification Presentation (CLIP)
- Calling Line Identification Restriction (CLIR)
- Calling Number Display (CND)
- Line Hunt
- Reversal on Answer (ROA)
- Broadband Internet Features:
- SHDSL business grade Internet access
- Speed up to 1.5Mbps/1.5Mbps (downstream/upstream) with a minimum guaranteed speed of 512kbps/512kbps
- Various download plan options
- No speed throttling
- Static IP address
- Compatible with existing analogue phones and phone systems so you don’t have to re-invest in new hardware
- Keep your existing phone numbers – no expensive reprinting of business stationery, business cards, etc
- Lower line rental fees saves you money on fixed costs
- Various tariff plans designed to target your call expenditure and save you money
- MultiVoice is delivered digitally to site so call quality is better than a standard business telephone line
- Primus offers more standard features and optional features with lower fees than major competitors
- Installation is managed by Primus to ensure minimal business impact when migrating from your existing services
Please contact Primus on 1300 65 44 24 for a consultation on your voice and Internet service requirements.
What is the difference between MultiVoice and MultiVoice Compact?
MultiVoice is delivered to the customer over SHDSL via an IAD (Integrated Access Device) that provides analogue phone ports and a broadband connection. A minimum number of 4 lines (including optional broadband) is required. MultiVoice Compact is delivered to the customer as a standard analogue phone line with optional ADSL2+ enabled on the copper pair. A minimum of 1 line and maximum of 4 lines is available, with up to one ADSL2+ service.
What is the lead time?
MultiVoice – 25 to 30 working days where porting is required, otherwise 20 working days.
MultiVoice Compact – 20 working days.
How do I connect to the broadband service?
With MultiVoice, the service is delivered via an IAD that provides a standard 10/100M Ethernet port that can plug into your computer or a router or firewall. Note you will need to provide the compatible router or firewall. An ADSL modem is not suitable.
With MultiVoice Compact, you simply connect your ADSL2+ modem to the phone line as normal.