Many businesses in Australia have been enjoying high speed Internet access by being connected to Primus DSL. Businesses can now accelerate their Internet experience further by connecting or switching to SHDSL(Symmetrical Digital Subscriber line). SHDSL is available in speeds from 512kbps/512kbps up to 4.6mbps/4.6mbps.
With PrimusNET SHDSL, experience the Internet on Primus owned and operated network. With coverage Australia wide and over 250 DSLAMs, Primus SHDSL offers our business customers a robust and reliable Internet connection.
Like ADSL, SHDSL uses standard telephone grade copper pairs to connect to the Internet at high speeds. While ADSL provides high speed download and slower upload speeds, SHDSL provides the same high speed in each direction, referred to as symmetric. SHDSL can provide upload speeds up to 10 times faster than ADSL services.
SHDSL is ideal for offices that need to send files, host data or video content, or where remote access is required to information from smaller offices or teleworkers. In fact anywhere your business needs faster uploads for hosting data for your employees, customers or suppliers, PrimusNET SHDSL is the ideal Internet access solution.
SHDSL offers business speeds of up to 4.6 Mbps, both upstream and downstream. Connection speeds of this nature were previously restricted to technologies such as DDS and Frame Relay. This extremely reliable and robust service is offered directly on the PrimusNET DSL network and with our generous pricing plans, will reduce the cost of Internet to your business while improving productivity.
Features & Benefits
PrimusNET SHDSL is an ideal Internet access solution for:
- IP Telephony (such as Voice over IP or VoIP)
- Web and Email server hosting
- Video Conferencing
- Large data file transfers
- Corporate LAN to LAN connections such as Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Remote access for teleworkers and mobile staff
PrimusNET SHDSL provides:
- High performance network managed to be contention-less
- Fully monitored network 24 x 7 to ensure ongoing performance and the impact of any outages are kept to a minimum
- High quality DSLAMs and core equipment
- Broad CBD coverage and specific regional coverage – please contact Primus for availability
- Delivered via a dedicated copper pair – no telephone line required
- Dedicated copper pair delivery prevents accidental cancellation and is more stable and reliable compared with ADSL delivered via a phone line
- Speeds starting at 512kbps (up & down) and up to 4.6Mbps (up & down) in PrimusNET exchanges
- Business grade technical support and dedicated business customer service
- Business account management
- Plans can be upgraded within the minimum term at no cost and without contract extension
- 5 free POP email boxes (e.g. email@example.com)
- 1 static IP address included
- Additional IP addresses are available from as little as $20 per year
- Optional Secure DSL service which includes business grade firewall, anti-virus and anti-spam
- Consolidated billing for all your Internet and voice services
- Optional aggregated plans for customers with multiple ADSL services
What is the difference between ADSL and SHDSL?
ADSL has "Asymmetric" line speeds that is, the speed from the internet to you (downstream), and you to the internet (upstream), is different. ADSL provides a faster downstream speed than upstream speed. This is the most common setup for ADSL, as most Internet traffic is being downloaded.
>SHDSL is "symmetric", that is, the speeds between you and the internet are the same in both directions. This is more appropriate for business users where a greater proportion of traffic is being sent to the Internet or uploaded.
How long does it take to provision a service?
15-20 days for the provisioning of an SHDSL service.
Where is SHDSL Available?
Primus Telecom can provision services Australia-wide, providing the local infrastructure allows it. Contact us today to confirm if SHDSL is available in your office.
What speeds are available?
Primus SHDSL is available in the following speeds:
512/512k, 1.15M/1.15M, 1.5M/1.5M, 2.3M/2.3M, 4.6M/4.6M
Note that the maximum speed to a specific location depends on cable distance to the exchange, cable quality and other factors.
Can I relocate my SHDSL service if I move?
Yes, you can relocate the service subject to the new site having access to the PrimusNET SHDSL network.