Hungry Jack’s customers devour WiFi Primus powered free in-store WiFi a big hit with customers
Melbourne, Australia – 27 March 2012: Hungry Jack’s® customers have shown a strong appetite for the recently launched free Wi-Fi hot spot service, with over 4,600 daily average users across the stores and more than 200 daily users in the top stores in Sydney and the Gold Coast. The Hungry Jack’s® Wi-Fi hot spots, developed by Primus, part of M2 Telecommunications Group Ltd (“M2” ASX: MTU), and its partners will be deployed to more than 348 stores by the end of March, with further stores coming online shortly afterwards.
The WiFi service is part of the recently announced $6M telecommunications contract awarded to Primus Australia following a competitive selection process run by Hungry Jack’s® parent company Competitive Foods Australia Pty Ltd.
Primus has worked with a number of vendors noted for their pioneering work in the WLAN and data security spaces to deploy the WiFi solution for Hungry Jack’s®, including Emerging Systems, Aruba Networks and Check Point Software Technologies.
Hungry Jack’s® WiFi solution is a Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) customised to deliver Hungry Jack’s® customers free access and incorporates many security features, not typically seen in free WiFi hot spots. These include anti-wireless client-to-client traffic filtering technology which prohibits peer-to-peer connections between devices on the same WiFi connection assisting to prevent smart device hacking. Firewall devices have also been deployed in the core, assisting to prevent unwanted attacks on users using personal computers in-store. Dynamic bandwidth allocation allows up to one Mbps bandwidth to each individual user.
According to Hungry Jack’s® National IT Manager Joey Butler, the Primus WiFi solution embodied Hungry Jack’s® motto of makes it better.
“We’re really passionate about our philosophy of “makes it better”, so when we looked at launching a free WiFi service for our customers we wanted it to be the best. Primus had the knowledge, experience and technological expertise to deliver to our requirements and the results speak for themselves. We have been able to provide our customers a superior browsing experience.”
The Managed WiFi solution is also revolutionising how Hungry Jack’s® interacts with its customers thanks to the use of Aruba Networks’ AmigoPod, which provides an easy-to-use guest and visitor management technology, including an option to incorporate an advertising services plug-in. This feature provides Hungry Jack’s® with a powerful marketing tool capable of collecting data and customer feedback in real-time and delivering dynamic target marketing content.
Joe O’Keefe, Hungry Jack’s® Digital Marketing and Social Media Manager commented: “Consumers are becoming more media savvy and advertising to them can be challenging, so it’s important that our team is able to focus on the old marketing principals of right time, right place and right message. The AmigoPod allows us to achieve this goal by assisting us to deliver targeted and relevant messages to our customers in store when they are ready to buy.
“If we have a special offer, such as our recent $2 Whopper offer, we can update our AmigoPod advertising message (on the login page) to link to a voucher or similar that customers can use in-store. That’s a really powerful tool for our business.”
At the heart of the Hungry Jack’s® WiFi solution is the Aruba 3600 Wireless Controllers designed to support all the remote Access Points (AP-93) located in each Hungry Jack’s® store. The AP-93 is an indoor 802.11n access point (AP) designed for low-density deployments in offices, hospitals, schools and retail. These compact, high speed AP’s deliver utilise ARM™ technology which optimizes Wi-Fi client behaviour and automatically ensures that the AP stays clear of interference, resulting in more reliable performance.
Performance was a key requirement of the solution as Primus is responsible for monitoring, maintaining and managing the Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN). The Aruba technology runs on a management system known as Airwave which provides a 360 degree snapshot of the WLAN environment allowing the support teams to ensure that the FREE WiFi services are up and running, and available through detailed real-time reporting. It also allows Primus to monitor the networks health, performance, run diagnostics and provide Hungry Jack’s® with user statistic reports.
A list of stores where Hungry Jack’s® FREE WiFi will be available can be found at: www.hungryjacks.com.au/stores
Hungry Jack’s® Free WiFi main features
- User device recognition and personalised greeting for registered users in any Hungry Jack’s® FREE WiFi location
- Max login time 30 minutes (unregistered device) and 1 hour session limit for devices that register to the Hungry Jack’s® FREE WiFi service
- Reconnection after max login timer expires after 3 hours
- Per user session download limit of 100MB
- Supports 20 concurrent users at each Hungry Jack’s® FREE WiFi location (notifies 21st user of no available access)
- Dynamic bandwidth allocation with up to 1 Mbps bandwidth assigned to each individual user
- Content Filter Management
- Anti-wireless client-to-client traffic filter prohibiting peer-to-peer connections between devices on the same WiFi Access Point
- Auto screen sizing based on O/S or device
- Peer-to-peer filter to prevent Spam sources by only permitting outbound mail on authenticated SMTP destination.
- Mail client support including mail protocols such as: Incoming Mail: POP3, POP3 over SSL (POP3S), IMAP, MAP over SSL (IMAPS) - Outgoing Mail: SMTP over SSL (ports 465 & 587) MSN, iChat and Skype messenger for the chat session functionality only
- VPN compatibility: PPTP, Cisco IPSec VPN, Client (with NAT Traversal), Nortel Contivity Client and OpenVPN
- Delivers targeted messaging, advertising or multimedia content to in-store customers via Images, YouTube videos, Text (Web / SMS), Flash and Raw HTML
- Full campaign management to easily deploy digital targeted marketing campaigns and detailed reporting (i.e. number of impressions by month, year, age, gender etc.)
- Business intelligence data collection and reporting to match and deliver dynamic marketing content aimed at a targeted demographic
- Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) network health, performance, diagnostic and user statistic reporting via the Aruba Airwave Management System portal
- Proactive monitoring of all Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) access points and email notification in the event of connectivity loss