Modem Setup Guide - HFC
Hybrid fibre coaxial
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3
1 - Plug in the cables
- Is the sticker on your box orange? Great – let’s start!
- Plug your power cable into the modem, and then into the power socket. Don’t forget to switch the power socket off first.
- It’s time for your phone. With an nbn™ connection, you’ll plug your home phone into the ‘Phone 1’ port on your modem - not the wall socket.
- Next, plug one end of your ethernet cable into the WAN port on your modem, and the other end into the network box provided by nbn™.
- You can now use an ethernet cable to connect any devices that won’t be using a Wi-Fi connection.
2 - Check the lights
- Power up your modem by switching on your wall socket and pressing the power button on your modem.
- Wait 15 minutes for your modem to auto-configure.
- After 15 minutes, the first four lights (shown in the image below) should be on.
- If the lights haven’t turned on, turn your modem off and repeat this step.
3 - Connect your devices
- It’s time to connect to your Wi-Fi!
- Look for the ‘SSID’ – your network name, and WLAN Key – your password, on a sticker at the bottom of your modem.
- Connect your devices to Wi-Fi by searching for the ‘SSID’ and using the ‘WLAN’ key as the security password.
You’re all done!
If your internet isn’t working – go through each of the steps again before contacting our tech support team.