Moving House ?
No worries, let us know in advance and we will take care of the rest.
We understand that moving house can be exhausting and hectic, so we’d like to keep it simple and easy for you.
- Get in touch: Call our dedicated smart movers team on 1300 85 44 85 and let us know what date you’re moving.
- Get Organised:An iPrimus moving specialist will arrange the connection of your iPrimus broadband and home phone services over the phone.
- You’re On:We’ll get your new home connected and you’ll be all set to enjoy your iPrimus services. It’s that simple!
- Simply call our service delivery team on 1300 85 44 85 to submit your request Monday to Friday between 9:00am - 6:00pm (AEST).
- You will need to have the following information on hand before submitting a Moving House request:
- Only the account holder or TPA (Third Party Authority) that can use this service. Click here to access the Third Party Authority Form.
- Your iPrimus customer number, located on the top-right corner of your bill.
- Details of the new premises where you wish to have your services relocated to.
- The date and time when you would like to disconnect the services at your current address and reconnection to your new service address (connections and disconnections are available weekdays, between 9am to 6pm).
- If you would like to change your current plan, please specify the new plan you would like to change to in the form. Please note that some plans may not be available in all areas.
If you have any questions regarding the moving house or relocation process, simply call us on 1300 85 44 85 (choose option 2), Monday to Friday between 9:00am - 6:00pm (AEST).
Will there be any relocation or re-connection fees?
The fee for relocation or re-connection will be charged depending on the type of relocation taking place:
Relocation / Re-Connection fees
|Home phone Only - When an existing exchange line is in place and no work is required at your new premises||$59.00|
|Home phone Only - When new or additional line is required at your new premises||$299.00|
|Internet and Home Phone - When an existing exchange line is in place and no work required at your new premises||$149.00|
|Internet and Home Phone - When new or additional line is required at your new premises||$389.00|
A $120 (for telephony service) or $300 (for Internet service) pro-rated early termination fee over the remaining months of your contract may also apply on top of this fee.
If you are moving in a newly built property, a $300 NBN New Development Charge may apply.
Will I be able to keep my current phone number?
Wherever possible we would like you to keep your existing number, however there may be a number of factors that could mean that a new number is required at your new address. You’ll have the option to redirect your current home phone number to your new number at a fee.
Will I be able to stay on my current plan after the relocation?
Wherever possible we will try to keep your current plan at your new home. However, this will be determined by the service availability at your new premises. Your specific iPrimus plan may not be available in all areas. We will notify you accordingly and endeavour to provide alternatives. If you are thinking of changing your current plan or adding a new service, moving house is a good time to do it.
How long does the relocation process take?
Depending on the infrastructure at your property and the area you’re located in, relocation of your broadband connection will be between 2 and 10 business days. Please note that if you move in to a newly built home without any phone line installed, it may take up to 15 working days to install the phone line. Your internet service will be connected 7-10 working days after your phone line is connected and active, depending on the networks infrastructure at the new premise.
If you move into a newly built or renovated house, please make sure that lead in cable is completed and if they have sockets and dial tone in their new house. If the lead in cable is not completed, you may have to organise the installation with your contractor or a Telstra approved contractor will need to contact you to discuss your installation and it might take up to 4 weeks to complete.
How long does the relocation process take?
Depending on the infrastructure at your property and the area you’re located in, relocation of your broadband connection will be between 2 and 10 business days. Please note that if you move in to a newly built home without any phone line installed, it may take up to 15 working days to install the phone line. Your internet service will be connected 7-10 working days after your phone line is connected and active, depending on the network infrastructure at the new premises.
Will a technician need to come to my house?
If a technician is required at the new premises, we’ll send an SMS or a recorded message to the number you provided in your Moving House Form. We’ll provide a date and a 4 hour time block of when the technician will visit the new premises.
Someone over the age of 18 (you need to provide contact person and contact number for the authorised person on the Moving House form) must be at the premises to allow the Technician access to the property at the commencement of the appointment window and must also be in attendance for the duration of the appointment period. They should be authorised by the legal lessee to direct the Telstra Technician to the existing phone socket (or in new properties where a phone socket is wanted) and should be authorised to sign off on any additional charges that may be required.
Will someone contact me once the service is reconnected at the new premises?
Yes, we will contact you either via SMS or voice recorded message to your landline during the relocation process. 1. When the order is received and has been placed; 2. When the re-connection date has been confirmed; and 3. When the reconnection process has been completed.
You may also contact 1300 85 44 85 if you’d like to speak with one of our consultants.