Windows Live Mail Email Configuration
To configure your computer running Windows Live Mail, follow the step-by-step procedure below. If you experience problems with your computer while proceding through the setup instructions, please visit the Troubleshooting section of this site for more information.
- iPrimus Technical Support Hotline (1300 85 85 85)
- Start Windows Live Mail 2011. If the Add your email accounts page appears when you start Windows Live Mail, go to step 2. If the Add your email accounts page doesn't appear when you first open the program, on the Accounts tab, above New Account, click Email.
- On the Add your email accounts page, do the following:
- In the Email address box, enter the e-mail address that was provided to you by the person who manages your e-mail account (for example, email@example.com).
- In the Password box, enter the password that was provided to you by the person who manages your e-mail account. If you want Windows Live Mail to remember your password, select the check box next to Remember this password.
- In the Display name for your sent messages box, enter the name you want users to see when you send e-mail.
- Tick the Manually configure server settings box.
- Click Next.
- On the Configure server settings page, under Incoming server information, do the following:
- On the drop-down menu under Server type, select POP.
- Under Server address, enter the pop.iprimus.com.au.
- Under Port, enter 110.
- Under Log on user name, type the username required for this email address (excluding full realm i.e. @iprimus.com.au).
- Under Outgoing server information, do the following:
- Under Server address, enter smtp.iprimus.com.au.
- Under Port, enter 25.
- If required; Select the check box next to Requires authentication.
- Click Next.
- On the Your email account was added page, click Finish.
- On the Accounts page, click Close.