Outlook Express 6
To configure your computer running Microsoft Outlook Express 6, follow the step-by-step procedure below. If you experience problems with your computer while proceding through the setup instructions, please check our guide to common Outlook Express errors. You can also check the Troubleshooting section of this site for more information.
- iPrimus Technical Support Hotline
You can setup Outlook Express using the Primus Auto-Configure Utility here.
- Close any programs you have open.
- Open Outlook Express
- The Outlook Express program will load and show a dialog box similar to the one shown below.
Click on the Tools menu, then click on Accounts
- The Internet Accounts dialog box will appear as shown below.
Click Add as shown below
Then click Mail
- Step 1 of the Mail Account wizard will appear.
Enter your name in the display name field, then click Next to continue
- Step 2 of the Mail Account wizard will appear.
Enter your Email address provided to you by Primus in the E-mail address field as shown above. Then click Next to continue.
Note: PrimusOnline customers use @primusonline.com.au
- Step 3 of the Mail Account wizard will appear.
Set the "My incoming mail server is a" to POP3. In the Incoming mail server field type pop.iprimus.com.au, then type smtp.iprimus.com.au in the Outgoing mail server field.
Note: PrimusOnline customers use pop.primusonline.com.au and smtp.primusonline.com.au
- Step 4 of the Mail Account wizard will appear.
In the Account name field type your username provided to you by Primus, then in the Password field type the password provided with your iPrimus account. Click Next to continue.
Note: PrimusOnline customers must use their full email address in the username field.
- The last step of the Mail Account wizard will appear.
Click Finish to complete the Email account setup.
- The Internet Account dialog box will appear again with the iPrimus account listed.
Click Close to exit the Internet Accounts dialog box.
- You should now close then reopen Outlook Express, your email is now configured.