Mozilla Thunderbird - Existing Setup
To help you configure Mozilla Thunderbird to check your Primus e-mail, we've prepared a step-by-step guide.
Please note that Primus tech support aren't able to assist you with Thunderbird-related queries.
This guide is suitable for users who've previously used Thunderbird with a different account or configuration settings. If you've never used Thunderbird before, the account wizard should automatically start and you should follow our other Thunderbird guide instead.
- Start Mozilla Thunderbird. Go to the File menu, select New, then select Account...
- On the first screen of the wizard, ensure Email account is selected and click Next >.
- Enter your name and e-mail address in to the relevant boxes (as shown), then click Next >.
- For Incoming Server, enter pop.iprimus.com.au, then click Next >.
- The usernames as shown on this screen should already be correct, so just click Next >.
- As per the usernames, your account name should be just fine. Click Next >.
- On the account confirmation screen, check that all details are correct and click Finish.
- When prompted, enter your account password in to the box as shown, put a tick in the Use Password Manager... box and then click OK. Your mail should now download.
- You'll now need to load the account settings to set the correct outgoing mail server. Click the Tools menu and select Account Settings....
- On the left hand panel, select Outgoing Server (SMTP) - it's the last item in the list. On the right hand side of the Account Settings window, click the Add... button, which will load the SMTP Server window (as shown). For Server Name, enter smtp.iprimus.com.au, then untick the Use name and password option. Click OK.
- Select your Primus mail account from the list on your left (if you've followed the instructions above, it will be your e-mail address). For the Outgoing Server (SMTP): select smtp.iprimus.com.au (as shown). Click OK.