1. ABOUT THIS POLICY
This document is the iPrimus Copyright Policy (Policy).
In this Policy
- “you” and “your” mean the Customer;
- “we”, “us” or “our” mean Primus Telecommunications Pty Ltd (ABN 69 071 191 396); and
- “Services” includes but is not limited to telephone, internet, mobile phone, internet telephony and other telecommunications services.
Capitalised terms not defined in this policy have the meaning given to them in the Agreement, a copy of which is available at http://www.iprimus.com.au/legal/standard-forms-of-agreement/ (Agreement).
This Policy applies to all Customers and any users of our Services. By acquiring or using any of our Services, you are taken to have agreed to comply with the terms of this Policy.
We may rely on this Policy where a Customer or other end users’ use of the Services is not in accordance with this Policy.
2. WHAT IS “COPYRIGHT”?
Copyright refers to the exclusive rights that creators of original works are given, such as the right to protect their work from unauthorised use, duplication or distribution. Content that is protected by copyright includes items such as music, software, movies, TV shows, books, news articles, and games to name a few.
The laws around copyright can be confusing, so we urge you to be extremely cautious when downloading or accessing content online. Using the internet to download, copy, share or distribute material protected by copyright may breach the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), unless you’re allowed to do so by law or you have the copyright owner’s permission.
3. IPRIMUS CONTRACT TERMS AND COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
iPrimus does not authorise or condone any kind of copyright infringement. Our Customer Terms clearly outline that our customers must not use our Services to commit any offences or infringe another’s rights.
If you use our network or systems to infringe copyright, this may constitute a breach of the Agreement, which may allow us to suspend, limit or terminate your Services.
4. LEGAL CONTENT – FREE AND PAID
There are many sources of free, legal content available for viewing. These include Australian free to air television stations, such as 9 Now, ABC iView, Plus 7, SBS On Demand and Ten Play. In addition to these free and legal sources of content, there are also many high quality paid streaming services which offer legal content.
5. REPEAT INFRINGER POLICY
iPrimus has adopted a “Repeat Infringer Policy” in accordance with section 116AH(1) of the Copyright Act and reserves the right to suspend, limit or terminate a Customer’s Services in accordance with this Policy.
We will not provide personal information of a current or former Customer to copyright holders unless they obtain a court order which requires us to provide such information.
6. DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVE
Copyright owners can provide notifications that relate to allegations of copyright infringement and we will respond to these in line with our Copyright Policy.
We have a designated representative to receive notifications and notices issued under Part 3A of the Copyright Regulations 1969 (Cth) and they can be contacted as follows:
- by mail at Copyright Officer (Legal Department), iPrimus, Level 10, 452 Flinders Street Melbourne VIC 3000 (Preferred method)
- by fax on (03) 9923 3000
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may vary this Policy from time to time but will do so in line with the relevant notice provisions in your Agreement. Continued use of Services after receiving notice once the variation takes effect will constitute acceptance of the variation.
8. LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT COPYRIGHT?
For advice on identifying infringing content and other helpful information, here are some other informative websites:
- Arts Law Centre, Information Sheets on Copyright http://www.artslaw.com.au/info-sheets/info-sheet/copyright/
- Australian Copyright Council website http://copyright.org.au/find-an-answer/
- For further informative fact sheets and legislation about copyright, head to the Attorney-General's website.