Primus Ethernet over Fibre
Primus Ethernet over Fibre (EoF) is a highly reliable, flexible, high speed solution which offers dedicated and guaranteed bandwidth for your network needs. Primus EoF delivers a business grade solution for mission critical applications and is ideally suited for converged video, voice and data applications.
Primus EoF enables customers to deploy high speed networks based on Ethernet technology in metropolitan areas. It delivers up to 1Gbps of guaranteed, symmetric IP throughput with 1:1 contention and 99.95% network availability.
Primus EoF allows our clients to future proof their network and minimise capital expenditure.
The ability to provide Internet connectivity over Ethernet Access has been available for a long time, but now with the extensive fibre capacity available, this access is becoming the most cost effective way for customer sites to achieve high-speed reliable connectivity to the Internet or to their private networks. This access is also the most common way of accessing the new Layer 2 ELAN and ELINE type Point to Point and Point to Multipoint networks.
Currently, the services are available in and around the CBD of major capital cities, with reach extending to metropolitan areas and business centres and some major regional towns. Please consult with Primus on availability at your location.
Speeds start from as low as 4Mbps and are most cost effective where access speed is 10Mbps or higher. Primus also offers alternative solutions where speeds below 10Mbps are required.
Primus EoF is available in two types:
- Primus EoF – Switched Ethernet
Standard metro-area switched Ethernet service with standard Ethernet performance and reliability characteristics. Suitable for businesses requiring high speed at a cost effective price point.
- Primus EoF – Ethernet over SDH
Where reliability and link performance are critical, Ethernet over SDH (sometimes refereed to as Ethernet over SONET) is the appropriate option, providing a link with 1:1 contention and an option for fibre circuit protection, so that no single fault would result in service downtime.
Features & Benefits
- High reliability Ethernet access provides direct high speed connectivity to the Internet or Private Networks
- Speeds begin at 4Mpbs and go as high as 1Gbps
- Symmetrical high speed access with 1:1 contention
- Cost effective Ethernet access combined with a fully managed router or firewall
- Quality of Service and Class of Service compliant
- Primus Ethernet is a highly scalable solution, allowing our customers to easily expand their networks using their existing infrastructure
- Ethernet is easy to deploy and provides our customers with a significant reduction in capital expenditure
- Primus provides proactive network monitoring and support. Our network monitoring service ensures that your network is proactively monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Primus EoF customers have access to our helpdesk, providing you the support when you need it. Primus’ help desk is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is operated by qualified engineers
- Primus EoF customers have access to the secure Primus web portal, which provides real time information on network status, health and utilisation
- Access to scalable bandwidth is provided so that customers can run bandwidth-hungry corporate applications such as enterprise resource planning (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM), Disaster Recovery, application & data mirroring, video conferencing and VoIP
- Primus EoF supports the use of Quality of Service technologies which provide low packet delay necessary for effective deployment of voice and video applications
Primus EoF pricing is speed and geography dependent. Please call Primus on 1300 65 44 24 for a consultation on your requirements. The Primus Professional Services Group team is also available to assist with the design, quote and delivery of a tailored service.
Pricing can be structured to minimise upfront costs or reduce the monthly ongoing rental fee. Services are typically available with 24 or 36 month options.
Service deployment is typically based on a minimum 40 day lead time as fibre installation to your premises and network bandwidth planning require time to design and implement. Expected lead times will be defined once initial design and feasibility are completed.
Who is Primus EoF Service aimed at?
Primus EoF data service is a premium product aimed at business customers demanding a fast, reliable, scalable and cost effective solution. The service is fast, reliable and has enough capacity to be shared by a large number of users.
Do I need a firewall with Primus EoF Service?
If using a Primus EoF service to connect to the Internet, Primus would always recommend a suitable firewall and security solution be used. Please consult Primus if you would like assistance with your security needs.
Is an SLA provided as part of this service?
Yes, Primus provides a comprehensive SLA on Primus EoF.
What kind of applications does Primus EoF support?
Primus EoF can support point-to-point link and point-to-multipoint configurations. Primus EoF can connect your sites to the Internet, provide site-to-site LAN bridging or routing or connect multiple sites into a metro or wide area network.
Is Ethernet easy to integrate?
Primus EOF connects to the customer’s network and equipment using standard Layer 2 Ethernet protocols and interfaces and is easily integrated into corporate local area networks (LANs). It is also well suited as a high-speed access option to connect to Primus Internet and simply connects to your existing router or firewall using Ethernet interfaces.
How much does Primus Ethernet Cost?
Please contact our Corporate Business Specialist by phone on 1300 65 44 24 or contact your Primus Account Manager.