The Primus Ethernet in the First Mile (EFM) service is designed to supply wideband (up to 40Mbps) data services to corporate customers, delivered via a single Ethernet port. Primus EFM is designed to provide high speed, high quality and highly reliable access to the Internet or Primus Private IP Networks and is built on the carrier-grade Primus network.
Business customers are increasingly using bandwidth-hungry applications and, at the same time, deploying applications that require a highly available and highly responsive network. Existing and new multimedia applications and unified communications (e.g. VoIP) are placing greater importance on the Internet as a front line business tool and profit centre. However, successful businesses realise this needs to be balanced with keeping costs under control.
Primus EFM services deliver high speed symmetrical connectivity for the Internet or Private Network access. Primus EFM services are delivered utilising the latest technology in the form of Enhanced SHDSL (E-SHDSL) standards that provide high level of reliability and intrinsic robustness due to the parallel and self healing access technology used in the delivery of the service. Primus EFM services are designed to deliver un-paralleled access at a reduced cost and improved lead times for deployment.
Primus EFM is available for Internet access and as an access option for Primus PIPN and VPLS services. EFM access provides feature transparency for these services including multilevel Quality of Service (QoS) and customer VLAN support.
Primus EFM is supported 24 x 7 by the Primus NMC (Network Management Centre). The service comes with a range of options that allow it to be customised to the end user’s needs and is covered by a comprehensive SLA.
Features & Benefits
- Available speeds of access range from 5 Mbps to 40 Mbps
- Available at distances up to 3km from the exchange
- MEF certified E-SHDSL EFM (Ethernet in the First Mile) NTU’s
- Fully installed into the customer’s site (excludes additional cabling, if required)
- All equipment is owned, operated and maintained by Primus for the life of the service
- Primus Data Help Desk is available 24 x 7 x 365 for technical support
- Enhanced service assurance options
- Web portal available for status and performance monitoring and reporting
- Optional Managed Router Service with Cisco equipment for provision of enhanced functionality
- Optional Managed Firewall services are also available
- Actual speed available depends on cable distance to the Primus DSLAM within the local telephone exchange, cable quality and other factors
- Multi-level QoS end-to-end when used with Primus Private IP Networks (PIPN) and VPLS Networks
- Support for transparent VLANs across Primus VPLS Networks.
- Low latency access service ideal for high bandwidth and interactive business applications
- Fibre-like access speeds into the Internet or private network at a lower cost
- Simple upgrade path from 5Mbps to 40Mbps (depending on cable distance and quality)
- Multiple physical cables therefore more tolerant to cable faults or service disruption
- Fully managed and maintained hardware to ensure service availability as required by business customers
- Comprehensive network monitoring and support services to ensure help is available when required and capable of finding and fixing faults, should they occur
- NTU presents an Ethernet interface to the customer’s equipment for ease-of-use and compatibility with customer firewall or router.
Please contact Primus on 1300 65 44 24 for a quote tailored to your business requirements. The Primus Professional Services Group team is also available to assist with the design, quote and delivery of a tailored service. Primus EFM is typically offered on 24 month terms with NIL or minimal upfront installation charges.